Landscape Maintenance, Harrisburg, PA
Landscape Care TipsYour landscape will have both masonry and living elements, and all these features need special attention and care. It is always a good idea to hire professionals for landscape maintenance. However, here are some basic things you can do to ensure your outdoor living spaces are always in good condition:
- When it comes to pavers and concrete features, its best to clean them at least once every month. In case of inclement weather, you might have to clean these surfaces more often.
- Always get paver stones and concrete surfaces sealed. The sealant forms a protective barrier and prevents deterioration and fading. Make sure you sealcoat pavers once every two years.
- If you notice any damage or issues with any of the features, address them without delay. Deferring the fixes will only cause them to aggravate and become more costly to repair.
- The softscaping would need more detailed attention. The plants need water to survive and stay healthy. This is why you need to make sure that your irrigation system is functioning correctly at all times.
- Trim and prune plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Check them all for signs of disease or fungal infections.
- Make sure that you rake all the leaves from various areas of the landscape. Rotting leaves become the perfect breeding ground for garden insects.
- Mow your lawn and make sure the soil is aerated regularly. Aeration helps ensure that oxygen, water, and nutrients reach the grass roots.
- Check the drainage system for signs of blockages. Sometimes, leaves, debris, and soil can accumulate in the drains and result in flooding in your landscape.
- If you have flower beds, tend to them regularly. These plants need regular fertilization and pest control applications too.
- De-weed lawns and other areas.
Hire an Expert Landscape Maintenance CompanyThese are just some of the things you need to do to keep your landscape, healthy, aesthetically appealing, and sustainable. Making sure that all these tasks are carried out regularly can be extremely time-consuming and challenging. It is also why many property owners find that they are less and less inclined to tackle landscape maintenance themselves.
Fortunately, experienced landscaping companies are here to handle all these jobs for you. If you are particular about having a functional, healthy, and sustainable landscape, opt for the services of a company like The Greenskeeper in Harrisburg, PA. They would be able to offer reliable, customized services that are cost-effective too.